Thursday, December 27, 2007

Jo jo jo!

Yikes! My how the time has flown by! I write you guys from a little internet cafe in Rivadavia, a town outside of Mendoza where I'm staying with my friend Flor, a.k.a. the most generous and friendly gal in the world. So let's see.... here's a rundown of the life of the Loomis:
Friday, December 21st: Finished my TEFL course! Drank champagne with the volunteers and handed in my portfolio. Sweet relief. Then out to a ritzy bar with the Chilenos.
Saturday, December 22nd: Off in a bus to Mendoza! Met at the terminal by old friends Esteban and Juli... We go to Esteban's dad's ranch house where I play in the pool with 6 of E's 10 siblings. Play= I drag around 3 on each arm and translate their names into "English."
Sunday, December 23rd: More of the same, plus chilling in the park. I love Mendoza a lot.
Monday, December 24th: I wake up sick as a dog. Get on the bus to Rivadavia, THROW UP ON THE BUS, and am basically a waste of space zombie for the rest of the day ( a "waste-of-space zombie", not a "space zombie"--- that would be way cooler). At the Christmas eve dinner, I meet Flor's entire family and then go to throw up more. The joke of the night is that I must be pregnant. I tell them I got to know Chile, but not THAT well.
Tuesday, December 25th: Feliz Navidad! The call home, although necessary, is of course hard. Another year goes by without Dad's Christmas mornin' french toast. We pass the day drinking mate, watching the rain (which ruined the traditional Christmas lie-by-the-pool) and watching Mickey Mouse on tv.
Wednesday, December 26th: I'm finally at 100 percent again! I log on to the comp for the first time in five days and promptly freak out about my future.
I hope you guys all had wonderful holidays. I promise to be in better contact soon!

No comments: