Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My awesome visit to Viña and Valpo with Amy, Kate and Courtney: A Poem

If you´re wanting to go to Viña del Mar,
Just take a bus, you don't need a car.
I did it just now, it was just so easy,
Cause there were three girls, waiting for me!

We made a fresh lunch in the hostel room,
Experienced travelers, they knew what to consume.´
Off to the beach, in the sun we did bake,*
And FIVE TIMES felt the shudder of a fuerte earthquake!

At Amy's host fam´s, we ate completos,*
And laughed at dirty jokes, it was first rate-o.
Then to El Huevo to dance on one of five floors,
Reggae, salsa, metal, hip-hop, the choice it is yours!

I got scammed by a taxista, but I learned my lesson,
Don't trust a "discount" he calls a "Christmas present"!
At Amy's pal Pietro's house, we ate homemade lasagna.
Nothin´ cures a hangover like comida Italiana!

A few hours later I was so sad to go,
And say goodbye to these friends I had just come to know.
Now they're back in the States, more adventures in store,
I thank them for a weekend that has now become lore!

*With layers and layers of sunscreen, moms!
**A hotdog like you have never seen, with fresh avocado, tomato, pebre and fresh bread!

1 comment:

Emma said...

love it love it love it! i'm tried to read it as if you were rapping, but fear i was unable to do it justice. have a great christmas!!