Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Summer... from A to Z!

Oh man, oh man oh man. So right now I'm back in Santiago, but first I've got to talk about the wonderful two and a little bit weeks I spent in Mendoza. 
I bounced back and forth between Flor's house in Rivadavia, with poodles sleeping in my bed, and Esteban's house in Mendoza capital, with a giant dog sleeping in my bed. I don't know what I did in my past life to get such awesome friends who really didn't follow that whole- a house guest is like a fish, they start to stink after three days- thing. Cause believe me, I stunk, but they didn't seem to mind!
In Rivadavia, I mostly hung out with Flor, her great family, her awesome friends, and her three dogs-the poodles, Sophie and JuliePhotobucket and Camilla, her stepdad's dog who hangs out outside but is always trying to get in through the window. Most exciting, a baby-Flor's nephew- was born! Ticiano, who everyone agreed came out of the womb mighty ugly. He was compared to a potato, a martian, a raisin, and Pepe Grillo-a.k.a. Jiminy Cricket. Now he's much cuter. For New Year's I had a great dinner with Esteban's mom, sis, grandpa and neighbor, complete with fireworks in the street and champagne at midnight. There was dancing, a great trip on the jet-ski, driven masterfully by Flor, lots of nice naps and walks to eat ice cream, lots of floating around in pelopinches, or little above-ground pools, and, with Esteban, finally watching the third Lord of the Rings while splitting a kilo of ice cream!
And today, I headed back to Chile, and will be chilling here until the end of Februray.  Through an English teacher I met at the language school in Santiago, I got offered a job running English workshops for little kids in Zapallar, a beach town near Santiago! Right now I'm staying at my future boss's house in Santiago- with cable, a giant bed, more poodles and a BATH TUB!!- and on Friday I drive out with her to Zapallar. I'm still pretty foggy about what exactly I'm going to be doing, but I'm really excited for it all.

No comments: