Saturday, March 8, 2008

My traveling pants

Perhaps I'm only influenced by the many bored-bookstore hours I spent reading the entire Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, but I think I may have found my own pair of magic pants! I bought them on Wednesday with Flor in Mendoza, hours before I got on the bus to Córdoba. They're dark blue and I actually kinda look like an adult in them. I made the mistake of not wearing them the night on the bus, which is probably why I was freezing the whole time and accidentally peed on my jeans in the bus bathroom. I also didn't wear them my first day in Còrdoba (although I did change my pants), which is probably why I didn't have any luck apartment hunting, had some major what-am-I-doing-here moments, and majorly pissed off the luggage guy at the terminal when I didn't have any coins and jokingly offered him a candy as tip (it was a good candy!).
Friday, however, I put ém on. And everything started to change.
I dropped off my CV at two promising looking institutions! I found an apartment (in the centro, cheap, tons of cool art, with a french guy and two argentines)!!! I had a lovely lunch with Lizzy´s friend Claire! I even got hired at an institute (granted, it's for one individual class, twice a week, but it's a start)!
So yeah, I'm probably jinxing myself now saying that things are going pretty well, but I'm gonna say it anyway! And the awesomest of all, I have an addressssssss!
Abby Loomis
c/o Claudio Montenegro (the cool hippie guy who owns the apartment)
Departamento 1/A
371 Buenos Aires
Còrdoba, Argentina 5000

1 comment:

IGAB said...

Hola Abby,

There haven't been any comments on your blog in a while so I thought I should leave one. I'm not going to escribir en español this time because it takes me too long, because I'm not very good. I hope Córdoba is good and I miss you!

-Jer