Monday, February 25, 2008

Awards Show angst.

So, last night I was sitting on the couch and decided to switch the channel from the musical festival in Viña to something else, and what did I find but THE OSCARS. Getting a package of Entertainment Weeklys this weekend from my mom was wonderful, but watching the Oscars probably made me sadder than anything. I can't believe that just a year ago I was wearing the gold dress with the puffy sleeves sitting in Jaz's living room and eating popcorn and drinking beer, and this time around I didn't even have anybody next to me to say "hey, don't Jennifer Garner's bangs look weird?" or "what the heck was THAT montage about?" Sometimes it is hard to be so far away, especially when the Spanish translation of Jon Stewart's monologue is so loud and garbled that you can't even hear what he's saying in either language.

No comments: