Friday, August 7, 2009

Proud to be an (North non-Canadian non-Mexican) American!



Since Hogwarts didn't have a 4th of July barbecue this year, I took it upon myself to invite some friends over for choripan (sausage and bread sandwiches, a cheaper alternative to asado), apple pie and honoring of the Best Country on Earth. A good portion of guests came in red white and blue as firmly suggested/ordered, with the exception of my rebellious, democracy-shunning friend Cristian, who paid tribute to Russia and communism with his outfit:
Due to the fact that I was the only true blue A-muhr-icun present, I was forced to change my toast from, "To the health and continuing domination of the supreme, most important country in the universe, EVER" to "to friendship and sharing between cultures." Whatevs, the pie was a hit!

No comments: