Friday, November 21, 2008

First Injured Student

I guess it was a rite of passage... On my last day of real classes at Hogwarts (next weeks it´s final exams and ceremonial stuff), in the last fifteen minutes of the last class, one of my eleven year old diablitos, also the daughter of my boss, pulled out the chair from under one of the sweeter, freckly boys in the class (in general the girls in this class are incredibly cruel to the boys), who fell and hit his neck on the chair. He was okay a little bit later, but what a fright! And here I am thinking that teaching in public school with giant classes, if that´s what I end up doing, will be a breeze! Yikes.

1 comment:

Joanie and Bill said...

Hi Abby - We enjoy your blog entries hugely! Thank you for sharing your experiences. We are envious of your warming weather, as ours is turning increasingly blustery. We are going to the Cape -- to the house where you visited us several summers ago -- for Thanksgiving. Are you planning a Thanksgiving celebration for your friends south of the equator? We are thrilled that you are having fun and experiencing adventures. With love from Joanie and Bill